.:: w a t e r s o l u b le ::. pen news

PEN NEWS for January 2017

It's 2017 and so Happy New Year to all. While the season's holidays have passed by, it's now time for all of the Summer holiday, many long weekends loom up on the horizon. Auckland Anniversary and Waitangi are not far off. I will try to remind any auction winners that end with the holiday schedule messing with their bank and post times.

PEN of the Week is back. And I have a very nice Acrylic Eyedropper, a Fellowship Black Bird. Quite a retro look and feel, but brand new. These ED's are excellent daily use pens, especially if you are the artist type and like that you can draw and ink-in forever with a large volume barrel. Maybe you're an intent writer of that next novel, or script? Eyedroppers hold a lot of ink. Check out the specs now on the PoW page in the links.

So January and the rest of 2017 is starting out with a theme. The Parker Pen. I will be restoring a number of vintage Parkers. As I do these will then come up for sale. A variety of models, colours and sizes. Most around the second world war era. Vacumatics, Duofolds, celluloid, vertical and lateral stripes, solid ebonite. There are some already up on auction now and I will be adding more as each gets into full writing condition. Not all the new pens will be in the upper end collectible arena. I have some "modern" classics in the form of NOS pens from the 1990s. The Hero #91 Doctor is one model I can confirm. I also have some modern Parkers, which are not in the same league as the old George S Parker age. But still nice pens.

I will also be introducing a new ink which I am excited about. A special formulation. What's slowing me down at this point is getting a good container to provide as a retail sale.