.:: video killed the photo still ::.

the menu bar above, navigates to the different sections of the blog ...

motion related pictures

stuff that jumps around, so you don't lose interest, what? This sentence is too long and you've wandered off? ok. good enough.

I don't have a lot of video/motion work, but I am working to change that. This is my first attempt, my first youtuber, it's actually banned in some countries. It is after all quite contraversial[/sarcasm]

a stream with bright fish This was a blurry photo I snapped one day on a bright street. The ginko trees were doing great stuff to the sunlight and I moved when shooting this particular shot. The result was better than if it came out in focus, it immediately reminded me of a stretch of the Ngongataha stream which is shaded by beech who's leaves also flutter and break the light turning the stream into a brilliance of light and motion. Harold Budd's ambient piano could easiy be piped into the natural setting and no-one would think oddly of it.

floral bokeh as a photographer, I have things the camera does that really makes my day. Frankly I don't see why people want a photo to look exactly what we see. First it's so far from what we perceive, why even compare? And the flaws and odd results are the things that make photos interesting. We don't freeze what we see, we don't crop the frame, and we generally see in 3D. So, it's the difference we should celebrate. DoF, OoF and Bokeh are favourites. It's so easy to get into a garden and search out a world you would never see if you didn't have that tube of glass bits to skew your POV.

pukeko's dance There is a trend in cameras to push frames per second. so when does it become a sequence of stills and shift into a video? All these videos are slideshows. They only pretend movement, and what I tried to do in this video was explore transistions. I had created some Adobe Brushes based on fractal patterns, they are really useful for making abstract patterns that appear to be natural, yet are completely contrived and created. I had all these pukeko shots and wanted to combine them into something that wasn't just a bunch of similar shots. The blue bird after all is such a visual. Not simply colour, their movements and quirky behaviours are easy to get caught up watching, or shooting ...


Browse other gifts from Zazzle.


vintage italian moto series